Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Lists!.. oh and Wall Art

The last couple of days have been Mike and I just relaxing...finally! We went non stop for a couple weeks leading up to visiting our families and only have a couple weeks of down time before soccer preseason hits.
Us outside our "Date Night Restaurant" on a river in between visiting families.

The scary thing about time to relax is that it allows my brain to think about all that we have coming up and it starts to make lists. Here are some of the things I think I need to worry about::
        1) Graduate Assistant Schedule
             a) On Monday I start working as the assistant to the athletic director for my graduate position. I am working about a month earlier than everyone else so that I can build up time to take off for Baby B. During the school year I need to work 20 hours a week on average. So I hope to work 45 hours or more before my regular start date in mid August.
             b) With that said I need to figure out what type of schedule to work to get those hours around other things going on like; my part-time job, soccer, and making sure I relax just a little bit.
       2) Graduate Courses
           I started two courses in June that are schedule to be completed during the fall semester. Since I am due early September, plan on coaching one team, and have my graduate assistant job I would like to have a jump start on that work so I am at least one month ahead. That way, if something crazy comes up I am covered. Unfortunately, the motivation to get that done has been hard to find.
       3) The Baby B Handbook
           After reading the awesome book It Gets Easier!... And Other Lies We Tell New Mothers by Claudine Wolk I decided I wanted to make a handbook of sorts for when Baby B arrives. (Side note on the book: I highly recommend it for expectant moms who want a blunt, non sugar coated explanation of what in the world really happens from going into labor to the first year of your baby's life.) Anyway the guide will compile all the ideas I found on Pinterest when it comes to sleep training to what kind of schedule we would like to aim for when it comes to feeding because let's be honest, aiming for those types of things is as good as it gets. I also want to create sections for notes. Notes for us on what worked and what didn't, notes for others taking turns taking care of Baby B on when the last time she ate was or how long she slept. With our crazy schedules I think that will be a great way to communicate especially when Mike stays up later with her, he won't have to wake me up to ask when is the next time she should be eating.

I think those are the major things... I am sure I will think of more tonight as I try to fall asleep or when I try to go back to sleep tomorrow morning. The curse of an inconsistent morning schedule where one day you need to be ready by 7:30a and the next at 9a, I am sure it will prepare me for the crazy "schedule" that will start when Baby B is here but for now it's a little annoying.


Oh and here is what Mike and I put together today. 3 of the 4 Canvas pieces for wall art!



Using the same Glidden Barely Blush tester paint as the dresser, I painted the  edges of (3)10x10 canvases. Then I cut out my scrapbook pages to fit the tops of the canvases and glued them on with tacky glue.



Lastly, Mike hung them up on the wall above the changing table in the nursery.
I really like the way they came out and I can't wait to see the 4th one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment