Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Nursery Part One

Let's be honest. This is what everyone wants to see. The Nursery!!! Our amazing family and friends came over this past weekend to help us paint and assemble the nursery. Basically, I have to get my rear in gear in the craft department to finish this puppy up. Some of it I won't be able to show until after she arrives because it might reveal her name... I haven't decided yet.

Friday night: The hubs and I went to Home Depot to get all the supplies to paint the room and my Ikea hack project (keep reading for more information on that!). Later on Mike's brother and girlfriend, who was my best friend first, just saying, drove from Eastern PA to get the nursery started.

Saturday: The day it got crazy. No lie. We woke up and right away the boys had to go pick up a rocker/glider we were given from my friend who no longer needed it. It fit our decor so I was super pumped. While they did that, my friend and I hit all the cool spots within 10 minutes of my house. A real estate store, a family owned coffee shop and the Habitat for Humanity Restore where we got more than we thought we could ever get accomplished. I didn't even bring a list to keep me on task...oops! The real estate store was a blast. There we bought a Beanie Baby teddy bear, and 2 board books totaling $4.00. Success. Then some coffee, yes I am 32 weeks pregnant and I wanted a toffee nut iced latte, so I got one :) Lastly to the Restore. I was hoping to find some knobs to put on my ikea hack project so I didn't have to use the ones to come in the box, they were boring. Bought 6 knobs for $5 and we were on our way. Before we left, we tried to convince Mike that I needed a new couch set.



He said no, so off we went!

Now comes the craziness! At the end of Saturday this is what the nursery looked like. Notice the amazing Glidden Pistachio Ice Cream color on the wall. Nice work!

The Delta 3 in 1 Crib given to us from Grandma & Grandpa Bair
 
The Summer Infant Combo Changer $21 on clearance. Bargain! 2 drawer organizers from an Ikea set of 6. And a Thirty-One storage bucket given to us from my brother's fiance. The diaper waste basket was given to us by a soccer coach Mike works with.

The rocker/glider given to us from my friend, the fleece blanket was made by one of my co-workers and the white decorative shelving unit from a yard sale for $.50. Yes that is the Beanie Baby from the Real Estate Store too ($1).
 The biggest picture of the room I could get from the door. It has a weird nook where the closet is across from the changing table. Nothing too exciting in there, at least not yet.

Lastly, the aforementioned Ikea Hack project. Psych. This post has been so long that I am going to make a separate one for this awesome project. For now, I love the way it came out and it was well worth the time and effort we put it to it to make it one of a kind for Baby B.



No comments:

Post a Comment