Sunday, October 5, 2014

Pumpkins with our Pumpkin '14

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year and it seems to be everyone else's too. Pumpkin Spice Lattes (aka PSLs), scarves and boots are all over Pinterest and Facebook. It is awesome. I had my first PSL last weekend and although it was iced because it was 75 degrees out it was still amazing! I have a fall scented candle going right now and it smells awesome. It is a new scent from Wal-Mart's Better Homes and Garden brand called Pumpkin Whipped Cream. I might go through the candle in (a week) three days I have been burning it so much.

This weekend the fall temperatures hit hard so we decided to take advantage and hit another fall tradition, the pumpkin patch! For the last 4 years we have gone to Soergel's Orchard and although they have gotten really popular, and therefore very busy, we still make our trip every year. They have an actual patch (very important), lots of kids activities, tractor rides, and really yummy fall foods. Mike loves their homemade apple pie, pizza bread, and caramel apples. I love their Amish made apple cider donuts, apple cider, and mac 'n' cheese.
Last year we went with Lily for the first time and we loved sharing the experience with her as 1 month old. We learned this year how fun it is with a 1 year old! Lily loved playing in the hay and watching the ducks. She thought the pumpkin was a ball and kept trying to pass it to us. Needless to say we went a little crazy taking pictures....Enjoy!





















Lily playing in the hay :)

And the most exciting thing about fall is that it means Thanksgiving is coming which is my favorite holiday! Ahh so much fun coming so soon! I can't hold in my excitement!!!!
Now I am off to crochet a scarf for a family friend while eating some of Mike's pie tehehe.
From our family to yours. Happy Fall! Don't let one beautiful day go to waste.

                                                 Love,
                                                     The Three Bairs 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment