Thursday, August 22, 2013

Food & Fun Finds



 I am so impressed that I have not posted about food until now. Only 16 days until D-Day! Anyway, one of my favorite places to go on Saturday mornings makes creative waffles. They have some "preset" options but then you can always make your own creation. What you see here is a waffle with chopped apples and cinnamon inside and peanut butter, sliced apples and whip cream on top. Let me tell you, it was so yummy! Hopefully I will be able to go again this Saturday>>>> I'll be sure to let you know how it goes :)





Mike and I finally started trying some crockpot/freezer meals. The first one was supposed to be french dip sandwiches but instead we got a round roast that seemed more fitting to be made into an open face sandwich. We used the same ingredients to cook the meat but served it on top of the Italian rolls with mashed potatoes (the store bought kind) the meat and the gravy made in the crockpot. It was so tender and amazing. Definitely recommend it. We also made meatball subs. I got the Italian rolls, sauce and muenster cheese from Costco. The recipe made a bunch and it was delicious.

Before                                        After

 I also got my hair cut! Less time to dry for sure!
Thanks Fantastic Sam's :)

Next are my fun finds!
There was a "block" yard sale a couple of weeks ago so of course we had to go looking to see if there was any good stuff. This is what we found. A mug tree, which I have been scouring the stores for ever since we got married in 2011. I finally got one for only $2! A cute Christmas tree tray with a woven bottom for $.50. I love this because it's not truly Christmasy but instead wintery so I can start using it in November right? Lastly a shelf and hook wall hanging to put in Baby B's room. She already has one with hearts that we repainted pink and I think this one will probably be painted pink as well maybe to hang jackets or wet towels on? 

Lastly, I had to go get some gifts the other day for a special birthday coming up and a baby shower that I am not able to attend. While out I found the next two items. A "Madeline" board book and a "Daddy's Little Girl" plaid blanket.  I used to love Madeline and was so happy to find a board book version to add to Baby B's collection. Now she has this; "Good Night Cape Cod", "Good Night Moon", "Guess How Much I Love You" and "Charlotte's Web." The blanket was super exciting because coming from the East Coast where beaches and sailboats reign I had not gotten a nautical blanket yet for our little girl. Finding this was amazing and I can't wait to use it. So adorable!
'






No comments:

Post a Comment